Friday, February 29, 2008

Dear Gawd, that was beautiful!

Last night was about the best episode of Lost ever! Ever! And yes I may be a bit biased because it was Desmond's episode but his have always been the best episodes as far as I'm concerned and this one topped them all.

Something about the electromagnetic properties of the island can cause a person’s consciousness to travel back and forth through time. Not their bodies but their conscious beings. Leaving the island and flying through a real ugly thunderhead cloud causes Desmond to experience these ‘side effects’ and the whole episode is centered around his 1996 self bouncing back and forth between 1996 and 2004, the current date on the island. It’s freaky for him to say the least. He meets up the Daniel Faraday of the past (after being told to by the Daniel Faraday of the present) and finds out that he could possibly die if he doesn’t find a way to anchor himself in both time lines, he needs to find his ‘constant’, something he’s familiar with and cares about in the past and the present. This constant would be Penny, she’s his constant (and his lobster!).
From a trip to the past he’s able to get her phone number from her so he can call her 8 years later and get his consciousness anchored. This phone call was just sob inducing.


Penny, you answered!

Des, where are you?

OMG, is that really you? I love you Penny,

I’ve always loved you. I’m so sorry. I love you!

I love you too!

I don’t know where I am, I promise I’ll come back to you, I promise.

I’ll find you Des, no matter what, I won’t give up.

I'm perfect.

Sigh!

This season is like heroin, I want more, I need more!
Bless you Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse! You are the masters!

No comments: