Thursday, February 28, 2008

A weekend of stars!

Went to Comicon (or Wondercon, which ever you prefer) in San Francisco this past weekend with Jim, Debbie and Chuck and had a great time. The stars were out, let me tell you!

Gaze upon the celebrity...

Henry Thomas, Elliot from E.T.

Richard Hatch, my favorite from Battlestar Galactica

Lou Ferrigno!


Brian Posehn from the Sarah Silverman show and the Comedians of Comedy. (love the shirt!)

And Jim's favorite...


Actor and Director Jon Favreau (I believe he's looking at Debbie while I take this). He was there to discuss his new movie Ironman, which looks pretty good from the preview clip they showed us.

Good for Robert Downey Jr.!

We also saw Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway discuss their new Get Smart movie, looked cute. I'll post a pic if and when I can figure out how to get one off the video camera.
John Cho (who will be the new Sulu in the new Star Trek movie) was there to discuss Harold and Kumar Escape Quantanamo. He's also trapped in the video camera.
Jim and I passed on seeing David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson talk about the new X-Files movie. I know, we're insane, but the crowds coming out of Get Smart were thick and I wasn't up to facing that again at the time. Debbie and Chuck enjoyed the chat though, maybe she can send a picture.

Here's a shot of the crowd leaving the Get Smart panel...



It was hard to imaging fighting that crowd again for Duchovney when we were already in the thick of this....


This area is what I called the Shopping Center. It was like being at an 80% off sale at Macy's only not quite as violent.
We had a good time though and are now better prepared to face it next year.

No comments: